ADVOCACY 101 - Putting Cultural Priorities on the Agenda
Monday, April 23 | 5PM – 9PM
National Arts Centre
Members $30 | Non-members $35
Dinner, networking and tour of NAC's new public spaces
Ottawa’s cultural sector contributes greatly to our city’s economy and our enviable quality of life. We know that a vibrant and diverse arts, festival and heritage sector is at the heart of a strong community.
How do we ensure that our government leaders understand this too?
With provincial and municipal elections coming up soon, AOE Arts Council, as part of the Ottawa Cultural Alliance, will be actively advocating for our sector needs. Getting cultural priorities on the political agenda means we need to work together – there is power in numbers! At this workshop you will learn what we are doing, how to get involved and what this means for your organization.
· Laurèl Craib, Government Relations Specialist, Agora Consulting
· Frédéric Julien, Director of Research and Development, CAPACOA + Co-chair, Canadian Arts Coalition
· Micheline McKay, Public Affairs Specialist, Founder + Publisher, The Arts Advocate Report
· Debra Yearwood, Communications specialist + CEO, Comm before the Storm + visual artist
· Ottawa Cultural Alliances representatives: Carole Anne Piccinin, Executive Director, Ottawa Festival Network + Victoria Steele, Executive Director, AOE Arts Council